Monday, January 5, 2015

Twenty Lessons Learned

This year has been a fun one, full of new experiences and friendships.  Here's a list of fifteen lessons and randomness learned over the course of 2014.
one
Set alerts for anything and everything or else you just may find that you slept through your ACT (true story).
two
Always double check for mailboxes that sneak up behind you when you back up.
three
Sometimes "fake it till you make it" can be a motto.
four
Never underestimate the power eyeliner or lipstick has on your mood.
five
I'm a last second gift buyer.  Unfortunately, that's not a good thing. 
six
I crave authenticity, not pep talks. 
seven
If I am contemplating chopping my hair off, it's probably Taylor Swift's fault.  I mean, her hair is brilliant.  And did I mention her clothes? I love them.
eight
Once you find the people you click with, spend as much time with them as you can.  They will change you and mold you into a better person.
nine
Sometimes the power lies in knowing when to let the picture pass. 
ten
My car will probably become my second closet in college because I love clothes way too much. Way. Too. Much. 
eleven
What you hold onto is just as important as what you let go. 
twelve
The coolest thing about being 18 is the fact that I can now check out movies at the library. woop, woop.
thirteen
Community is the backbone of who we can be.
fourteen
If you can incorporate GIFs into all texts, you definitely should.  
fifteen
God sends people into your life exactly when you need them.
sixteen
Colorado holds a part of my heart.
seventeen
Adam Levine is Jewish.  Why anyone needs to know that, I don't know, but now you know.
eighteen
You don't have to be good at something to enjoy it.
nineteen
If you find something you're passionate about, pursue it with intensity.  You'll thank yourself later.
twenty
"Two good ol' boys behind the wheel, chasing down bad guys in Lucille" is always a good song to bring out.  Especially when you're riding in Lucille. If you're totally confused about this one, look up "Leverage chase music" on YouTube.  You can thank me later.



No comments:

Post a Comment